I have seen on some other blogs that I enjoy, a list of 100 things about the writer, so I am going to write 100 things about me. I am going to try to break it up into 25 things at a time in by category. We’ll see how far I get.
Things I hate:
2. Deep water.
5. Big bridges over deep water. (I’m talking to you, Chesapeake Bay Bridge. And Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel).
7. People who mispronounce common, every day words. (Prescription=subscription, etc)
9. Any weather below 50 degrees. (and where I live, it’s below 50 degree like 9 months out of the year. I hate where I live).
10. Tomato sauce.
11. Seafood that has eyes on it. I like my seafood deep-fried and therefore, unrecognizable as seafood.
12. Finding a really cute pair of shoes at the store and finding out they don’t have it in your size.
13. Poor customer service. I’m very vocal about it. I have gotten free meals by telling a manager about the waitress who spent all her time flirting with the frat guys at the next table and taking 35 minutes just to take our drink order. I have also walked out of places.
14. I hate waiting. I have no patience. I want instant gratification.
15. Online dating.
16. Crying in public.
17. The biggest thing I hate, and it should have been number 1, but I’m burying it down here, is to see my kids cry. It burns a whole in my heart every time and makes me wanna hurt whoever caused the pain.
18. People who think they try to manipulate me.They usually end up getting laughed at.
19. People who love drama, drama, drama. Don’t be a drama llama.
20. Frozen pipes.
21. I hate doing the laundry. I always forget and leave a load in the washer and have to re-wash it the next day. Ugh.
22. I’m hate trying to save money. I’m really bad at it. I like to spend it. A lot.
23. I hate trying to lose weight. I know I need to, but I like food.
24. Bras. There, I said it. It’s the first thing that comes off when I get home.
25. I hate to see people not take mental illness seriously. It’s not something you can ‘snap out of’.
Things I Love:
26. My kids.
27. My grandbabies.
28. My family. For all their wild, weird and bizarreness, I love then.
29. Writing. It’s a lot like exercising. You need to be dedicated to get good results.
30. Walking in autumn leaves.
31. Sitting on the pier in Salem, Mass. and watching to boats bob in the harbor.
32. Singing along with any Eagles song, especially when I’m at one of their concerts.
33. Shopping. I love to shop. For anything and everything.
34. My job. Who knew being a school secretary could be so adventurous?
35. I love long, hot baths. I really need a hot tub!
36. I love warm summer nights, sitting on the porch, watching lightening bugs
37. My cat. Emory the long haired Princess of all.
38. My car. I love it. It goes ‘vroom vroom’
39. My apartment. The joy of apartment living is not having to mow the law, not having to worried about frozen pipes, as 24/7 maintenance guy who can fix anything.
40. Coca-Cola. I should be a brand ambassador.
41. Godiva chocolate. Seriously. Just. I can’t even.
42. Star gazer lilies. Perfect, amazing. The smell.
43. Lilacs. I don’t have any at the apartment complex, but I am not above stealing a bunch off of someones tree.
44. Knowing that my mom is proud of me.
45. A full moon on a warm night.
46. A good book and a free weekend to devour it
47. Clark shoes. Love them, my feet love them. Everyone wins.
48. Slot machines. So fun.
49. Chicken. I have yet to find a type of chicken I don’t like.
50. My Tempurpedic bed. A God-send. Worth every cent.